(JPT/BPP(K) 1000-600/WP163 jld.7(6) (MQA/FA0329) (R/726/4/0009) 01/22
Duration of Program - 3 years (6 semesters)
Total credit Hours = 107
PICOMS Vision : Turning dream into reality, HEP vision is to be the nation's top provider of health and medical sciences with academic excellence and producing compassionate, holistic patient-care graduates by the year 2020
PICOMS Mission : We strive to be fully committed and to maintain high academic standards in producing quality graduates with excellent knowledge, skills and attitude in all aspects of health services while preparing these graduates with sense of responsibilities, efficient, dedication and equipped with compassionate, holistic patient-care and continuous professional development.
School of Physiotherapy Vision : To be the nation's top provider of physiotherapy education with academic excellence and producing compassionate, holistic patient-care graduates by the year 2020
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES:
- To produce a well trained and oriented physiotherapist by the end of their course
- To be able to maintain standards of practice in the field of Physiotherapy.
- To exhibit professional conduct in the conformity with the existing regulations and ethical norms.
- To be able to advance their knowledge and study in the field of physiotherapy
- To be able to perform research activities in the field of Physiotherapy. To communicate effectively and possess good interpersonal skills.
- To become a Versatile team member in the Rehabilitation team.
After completing this programme, the graduates shall be able to:
- Develop a high sense of commitment for patient-care and in all areas of physiotherapy.
- Gather excellent knowledge and skills and able to apply these aspects while working in different fields of physiotherapy.
- Outline the work scope, duties, roles and responsibilities of a Physiotherapist.
- Develop a positive attitude in all aspects of health services with sense of responsibility, efficient work and dedication and also acquire compassionate, holistic patient-care in all area of physiotherapy.
- Emulate self-directed learning and have a positive approach for continuous professional development and integrate applied sciences into physiotherapy treatment.
- Use self-reflective skills and use theoretical knowledge and practical skills to assess, plan and implement appropriate physiotherapeutic techniques.
- Communicate effectively with individuals and groups while taking part in the management of health care, basing decisions within an ethical and professional framework.
Career prospect Physiotherapists may find work in various places such as follows:-
- Centres for physically and mentally challenged people
- Community health centres
- Government hospitals
- Mental health centres
- Nursing homes or private care centres
- Private and public hospitals
- Private practices
- Rehabilitation centres
- Sports clinics and fitness centres
- Universities and Colleges
Note on Subject Coding: First alphabet ‘P’ denotes Pusrawi, Second alphabet ‘D’ denotes Diploma. Third alphabet ‘P’ denotes Physiotherapy. The 1st digit denotes the Year. The 2nd digit denotes the Semester.
The 3rd digit denotes the serial number of the subject. The 4th digit denotes the credit for the respective subject.