Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing
Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing will help the students to achieve excellence in research, postgraduate education and training to meet the growing demands of the industry and research in the field of nursing and evidence-based nursing and academia. Thus, providing an excellent preparation for a nursing profession. The students are encouraged to undertake independent study both to supplement and consolidate and to broaden their knowledge and understanding of the subject. Hence, to promote critical enquire, develop problem solving, decision making, analytical thinking skills and current trends of the nursing field and research.
The graduates from this programme will be excel in their carrier as academicians, researchers, administrators or clinical nurses in the academic setting or hospitals. Thus, the new discoveries and innovation finding giving the new platform of opportunities in sharing and shaping the ideas within the industry/hospitals either locally or internationally.
- Clinical consultant in Nursing
For Malaysian candidates
- A Master’s Degree from any accredited institution of higher learning or equivalent with related disciplines as accepted by senate
- At least two (2) years working experience in relevant field
- Registered with Malaysian Nursing Board or it equivalent
- Bachelor’s holder without Master’s Degree qualification
- Master’s holder without Bachelor’s qualification
For International candidates
- A relevant Master’s degree from any other accredited institution of higher learning or equivalent from related disciplines as accepted by senate
- International English Language Testing Services (IELTS) with a minimum of 5.5/CEFR B1
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 410-413 paper-based/ TOEFL IBT (34)
- Cambridge English: Advance (CAE) score
160/ CEFR B2
- Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE) score
180/ CEFR C1
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) score 36
- Malaysia University English Test (MUET) Band 3
- Registered with Nursing Board Malaysia OR country of origin.
- Students from countries, the US, UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, in which English is their native language. However, students from these countries must submit evidence of support. International students with Master Degrees from Malaysia universities, English requirement are not needed.
An international applicant who does not fulfil the English Language requirement should register and sits for either IELTS, TOEFL or MUET and achieved the score as per programme standard English requirement within 6 months from the date of entry into Malaysia.
Campus: City Campus, Jalan Tangsi KL
MQA.600-2/1/6 Jld. 140 (37))
- Curricular studies
- Managerial studies
- Pharmacy related studies
- Nursing Clinical practice in ICU, Renal, Gerontology, Public Health, Medical, Surgical, Midwifery and others.
Doctor of Philosophy
January and June
Full time :
Minumum – 3 years
Maximum – 4 years
Part Time :
Minimum – 4 years
Maximum – 6 years