Diploma in Nursing Science
The Diploma in Nursing held at PICOMS International University College now is a popular three year program. Its popularity lies in it being a program for a wide variety of young people with a wide variety of qualifications. At the same time, successful completion of the program leads to a huge choice of options for diploma in nursing holders – ranging from bedside nursing as a staff nurse to further professional and higher academic studies for those wishing to specialize.
Since then, the college has been offering the Diploma in Nursing course and more than 1000 Registered Nurses has graduated from the college.
The graduates are not only recognized locally but have also been working abroad especially in the Middle East.
Our three year Diploma in Nursing develops students know how in nursing, enabling them to provide safe and competent care in various healthcare settings. The course combines theoretical learning in classrooms and practical training in simulation ward and skills lab. In addition, students will be required to attend practical placements in participating local hospitals. The strong emphasis in nursing knowledge and hands on training ensures graduates competency as Registered Nurses as well as giving them the advantage in the employee selection.
The curriculum for the Diploma in Nursing is based on the national requirements from the Malaysia Nursing Board and is fully approved. A feature of the program is that it gives the student a wide variety of experience in the different fields of nursing. By the end of the program, the student will be able to decide what particular area he or she wishes to join. This aspect is so important that PICOMS International University College arranges placements for successful candidates to guarantee a place in the healthcare services, either in the Government or private sectors.
After completing the course as Assistant Medical Officer, they can work in various private/government hospital, private clinic, medic offshore, medical standby, ambulance service, Clinical Instructor and Lecturer in University and as Occupational Health officer in industries and insurance company.
For Malaysian candidates
i) Pass Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) or equivalent with five credits:
Mandatory credit in:
• Bahasa melayu
• Mathematics (elementary or additional or modern)
Either one (1) of the credits below:
• General science
• Applied sciences
Credit in two other subjects
ii) Pass English
iii) Passed Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia(SPM) or its equivalent with a minimum of 3 (three) credits in the following subjects;
• Bahasa Malaysia
• 1 (one) from mathematics or science subjects (Biology/Chemistry/General Science/Applied Science, Mathematics/Add Mathematics.
• 1 (one) from any other subjects
• Possess a certificate in a related field from a recognised programme by the government of Malaysia (Community Nurse, Dental Surgery Assistant, Public Health Assistant, Health Science Certificate and
• Pass in English (Preference to be given to those with credit in English) OR
iv) GCE O Level or equivalent with 5 (five) credits in the following subjects:
• 2 (two) from science or mathematics subjects (Biology/Physics/Chemistry/General Science.
• 3 (three) from any other subjects and
• Pass in English
• Malaysia citizens are required to pass in Bahasa Malaysia at SPM level for the purpose of registration with MAB.
v) Students shall be certified medically fit by a registered medical practitioner recognized by the recruiting institution and free from:
• Mental illness
• Physical and sensory disability
• Infectious diseases (HIV-AIDS, Hepatitis B and C, etc)
• Genetic disease
• Drug abuse
April and July
They can further study at various IPTA and IPTS in :
– Bachelor of Science in Emergency Medicine (UKM)
– Bachelor of Forensic Medicine (USM)
– Bachelor in Medical Health and Science (OUM)
– Bachelor in Occupational Safety and Environment (PICOMS)
– Bachelor in Health Science (UNISEL)
· Medical Microbiology
· Nursing I
· Behavioural Science
· PISPA/ Community Service
· Statistical Research & Ethic
· Medical I
· Pharmacology I
· Surgical I
· Nursing II
· Community Health I
· Community Service (Medical Care Project)
· Medical II
· Medical III
· Pharmacology II
· Surgical II
· Community Health II
· Emergency Medical I
· Emergency Medical II
· Research Project
· Clinical Placement I : Medical & Paediatric
· Community Health & Epidermiology
· Introduction to Research
· Alternative & Traditional Medicine
· Clinical Skills Training
· Basic life support
Bangunan Tabung Haji, Jalan Rahmat
January, April and September